For the Love: A Retreat in Nashville, Tennessee
We are so excited to welcome you to the first For the Love Retreat, designed just for you to connect with other birth bosses, explore your creative talents, hone your photography skills, and rejuvenate away from all the hustle that happens in normal life.
When: January 10-13, 2018
Check in is on Wednesday and check out is on Saturday. The Imaging Conference begins on January 14th, so plan to stay for the conference!
Where: Nashville, Tennessee
Who: Birth or Documentary Photographers
We welcome anyone who wants to connect and grow in their art. Only 8 spots are available. All skill levels are welcome.
Included: The Retreat is all-inclusive.
This means that from the time you arrive at the house, your food, lodging and all retreat activities are taken care of. The last thing we want is for you to have to worry about the incidentals. You are responsible for your travel to and from the Retreat.
Cost: $1500 or (3) payments of $550 each.
For the Love: A Retreat in Nashville, TN has a wonderful payment plan option. A payment is due now to hold your spot. It is NON-REFUNDABLE. Your next two payments are due 30 days and 60 days from the date your retainer is paid. All payments must be completed to confirm your seat at the retreat.
Now let us tell you about the retreat...
We promise a beautiful space for you to arrive to. You won't want to leave!
After a day of travel, take time to settle in and even catch a nap. Your body will thank you for it.
Around 5pm, you will get to eat a home-cooked meal prepared especially for you. Brooke Walsh is experienced in cooking for special diets, so you will be fed!
Before beginning our group activity, Brooke Walsh will walk us through an intention-setting exercise to prepare us for the weekend.
After our Mindfulness Activity, we will be working on a project that encompasses you, your work, and connects you to each other!
Once done with the project, you can join us for some down time as we chat, have treats and spend time getting to know each other.
After a peaceful sleep, you will get up to have breakfast. Brooke says it will NOT be muffins.
We will be joined by a special guest who will speak to us. This is announced as soon as it is confirmed.
After another tasty meal, you will have the chance to shoot our models who will be there for Maternity & Fresh 48 sessions.
After shooting, you will get to join each other for another meal. You will also have time to prep for a night on the town!
Michael Ray Nott will be joining us for dinner where he will share with you the concepts of Street Photography and then we will shoot on the streets of Nashville.
You will do plenty of this. We promise.
After we get our fill of shooting, we will be bar/club hopping on Music Row and other crazy fun area of Nashville. Be ready to dance.
After a good nights sleep and a tasty breakfast, we will all gather together for another class. We will be sharing and brainstorming, so come ready!
Sometimes we need to hear the challenges and triumphs of others. Be ready, willing and open to sharing and listening to the group.
After lunch, we will spend time practicing yoga. If you are not inclined to do yoga, you will be able to work on an Inspiration Board for the upcoming year.
After dinner, we will take time to develop additional skills and review our work, both from the previous night and from client work.
We will spend the evening enjoying dessert and each other's company either inside or around the fire.
Take the morning to pack up your things and to finish any undone projects or just ponder the things you have learned.
Enjoy a hearty brunch that will keep you fulfilled on a day of travel.
While you eat, we will wrap up the event with a short closing that you aren't soon to forget.
(subject to change)
2pm Check in & Free Time
6:30pm Group Art Project
9pm Bonfire & Dessert
10:30 Special Guest Speaker
2pm Shoot out with Models
6pm Speaker: Michael Ray Nott
7pm Street Photography in Nashville
9pm Bar Hopping/Music Clubs
10:30am Biz Blitz
2:00pm Yoga/Inspiration Boards
7pm Creativity Class
9pm Bonfire & Dessert
10am Brunch & Closing
11:30am Check Out
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the purpose of the retreat?
- The purpose of the retreat is to give you an opportunity to connect with other birth photographers, explore ways to improve your artistic vision and craft, as well as rejuvenate your mind and body.
What is included in my ticket?
- All of your food and lodging, as well as retreat activities and classes are included. You are responsible for getting yourself there, otherwise, let us do the work!
How many spots are there?
- There are only 8 tickets available for this retreat.
What if I have specific dietary needs?
- No worries! Brooke is doing all the cooking and has specific dietary needs as well. She is skilled in cooking around those issues. You are also welcome to bring your own food if needed.
What if I am not a birth photographer?
- That is fine! We all started somewhere. Please join us anyway. No particular skills are needed for the retreat and we are a pretty fun bunch. You will love it.
What equipment do I need to bring?
- Technically, you can come with nothing. However, there are times during the retreat where it would be beneficial for you to have your gear. At the very least, your camera body and a lens or two. If you have a laptop and want to bring it, please feel free. There may be times it is helpful.
Is there a packing list?
- Man, you are a planner!! There isn't one yet, but it is coming soon!
Can I bring my own food?
- Ofcourse! We will not be providing alcohol, so please feel free to bring that if you wish.
Can I drink alcohol?
- Yup! Obviously we don't want to clean up your vomit. So just plan to keep it in check. We love to have a good time!
Can I smoke?
- Yup! We don't even care WHAT you are smoking. Please just keep in mind that it must ALWAYS be done outside and be mindful of others who do not wish to be around it.
Can I bring a baby?
- Unfortunately, not to this. The lodging is shared rooms and there really is no place to have a baby that will not deter from the experience of others. We are happy to give you fridge space for pumped milk if needed. You are also welcome to have a family member bring your baby to eat during the day. Please just check with us on the schedule.
Do I need to rent a car?
- Not really. Our house will be close enough to Uber and when we go into the city, we will be using Uber then as well. If you are not comfortable with that, then you may want to rent a car. Otherwise, live on the wild side with us!